Opened 18 months ago

Closed 16 months ago

Last modified 2 months ago

#1005 closed defect (fixed)

Intercontinental Room (ietf-hotel) problems

Reported by: Brian.Rosen@… Owned by: rob@…
Priority: tbd Milestone: ietf-096
Component: hotel Keywords:
Cc: My Current Location:
My MAC Address: My OS:

Description

Room 1010
iPhone running iOS 9.3.2, Safari

Roughly no bandwidth all evening last evening and this morning.  Can connect, occasionally see some response, but usually none.  Works fine on the regular ietf network.

Brian

Change history (11)

comment:1 Changed 18 months ago by llynch@…

Component: incominghotel
Owner: changed from llynch@… to Clemens Schrimpe
Status: newassigned
Type: requestdefect

Brian -

Can you please provide the ESSID that you're connecting too?

Thanks -

comment:2 Changed 18 months ago by Brian.Rosen@…

I connected with my macbook (running El Capitan 10.11.5) Chrome.  Same
issues.
I am on ietf-hotel.  The IP address is 31.133.141.60.  The router/DNS
address is 31.133.136.1.  The WiFi/mac address is ac:bc:32:a3:68:15.  I’ll
probably have to disconnect and go downstairs to send this, but I’m trying
from in the room first.

Brian

On 7/18/16, 10:24 AM, "IETF Tickets/NOC" <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:

>#1005: Intercontinental Room (ietf-hotel) problems
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>      Reporter:  Brian.Rosen@…  |                Owner:  csch@…
>          Type:  defect         |               Status:  assigned
>      Priority:  tbd            |            Milestone:  ietf-96
>     Component:  hotel          |           Resolution:
>      Keywords:                 |  My Current Location:
>My MAC  Address:                |                My OS:
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>Changes (by llynch@…):
>
> * owner:  llynch@… => csch@…
> * status:  new => assigned
> * component:  incoming => hotel
> * type:  request => defect
>
>
>Comment:
>
> Brian -
>
> Can you please provide the ESSID that you're connecting too?
>
> Thanks -
>
>--
>Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/1005#comment:1>
>IETF Tickets/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
>IETF Meeting Tickets - NOC pages

comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by Clemens Schrimpe

Status: assignedaccepted

Thanks Brian. We are looking into it with the Hotel staff responsible for their wireless setup.

We would appreciate it, though, if you could look up the BSSID (the "mac address of the AP"), so we know exactly which device you are associated with?

Thanks,

Clemens

comment:5 Changed 18 months ago by Brian.Rosen@…

See below

It looked better earlier this evening, but is unusable right now.

agrCtlRSSI: -66
     agrExtRSSI: 0
    agrCtlNoise: -94
    agrExtNoise: 0
          state: running
        op mode: station
     lastTxRate: 5
        maxRate: 144
lastAssocStatus: 0
    802.11 auth: open
      link auth: none
BSSID: 8a:15:4:c1:6f:26
           SSID: ietf-hotel
            MCS: -1
        channel: 11




On 7/18/16, 5:23 PM, "IETF Tickets/NOC" <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:

>#1005: Intercontinental Room (ietf-hotel) problems
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>      Reporter:  Brian.Rosen@…  |                Owner:  csch@…
>          Type:  defect         |               Status:  accepted
>      Priority:  tbd            |            Milestone:  ietf-96
>     Component:  hotel          |           Resolution:
>      Keywords:                 |  My Current Location:
>My MAC  Address:                |                My OS:
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>Changes (by csch@…):
>
> * status:  assigned => accepted
>
>
>Comment:
>
> Thanks Brian. We are looking into it with the Hotel staff responsible for
> their wireless setup.
>
> We would  appreciate it, though, if you could look up the BSSID (the "mac
> address of the AP"), so we know exactly which device you are associated
> with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clemens
>
>--
>Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/1005#comment:3>
>IETF Tickets/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
>IETF Meeting Tickets - NOC pages

comment:6 Changed 18 months ago by llynch@…

Thanks Brian -

We'll be chasing this with the hotel today

  • Lucy

comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by llynch@…

Owner: changed from Clemens Schrimpe to rob@…
Status: acceptedassigned

comment:8 Changed 18 months ago by rob@…

Brian,

The hotel tracked down their wireless people and had the AP outside of 1010. I made a pass before and after the reset and the association, and throughput both down and up jumped dramatically. I will leave the ticket open in case you have any other issues but you should be good to go. Sorry this took so long as it is not our infrastructure it takes a bit to get the right people on the ball.

Let me know any comment good or bad.

-rob

comment:9 Changed 18 months ago by Brian.Rosen@…

I will check tonight and report my experiences.  Thanks for getting
something to happen.

Brian

On 7/20/16, 1:38 PM, "IETF Tickets/NOC" <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:

>#1005: Intercontinental Room (ietf-hotel) problems
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>      Reporter:  Brian.Rosen@…  |                Owner:  rob@…
>          Type:  defect         |               Status:  assigned
>      Priority:  tbd            |            Milestone:  ietf-96
>     Component:  hotel          |           Resolution:
>      Keywords:                 |  My Current Location:
>My MAC  Address:                |                My OS:
>--------------------------------+--------------------------------
>
>Comment (by rob@…):
>
> Brian,
>
> The hotel tracked down their wireless people and had the AP outside of
> 1010. I made a pass before and after the reset and the association, and
> throughput both down and up jumped dramatically. I will leave the ticket
> open in case you have any other issues but you should be good to go.
>Sorry
> this took so long as it is not our infrastructure it takes a bit to get
> the right people on the ball.
>
>
> Let me know any comment good or bad.
>
> -rob
>
>--
>Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/1005#comment:8>
>IETF Tickets/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
>IETF Meeting Tickets - NOC pages

comment:10 Changed 16 months ago by rob@…

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

comment:11 Changed 2 months ago by Rick Alfvin

Milestone: ietf-96ietf-096

Milestone renamed

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.