Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

Last modified 8 months ago

#947 closed defect (fixed)

What is this?

Reported by: bob.hinden@… Owned by: jim@…
Priority: tbd Milestone: ietf-093
Component: wireless Keywords:
Cc: My Current Location:
My MAC Address: My OS:

Description

We are sitting in Congress III and got the attached.  Please explain.

Bob

Added by email2trac

signature.asc

Attachments (5)

ietf.tiff (41.9 KB) - added by bob.hinden@… 3 years ago.
Added by email2trac
signature.asc (496 bytes) - added by bob.hinden@… 3 years ago.
Added by email2trac
signature-1.asc (496 bytes) - added by bob.hinden@… 3 years ago.
Added by email2trac
signature-2.asc (496 bytes) - added by bob.hinden@… 3 years ago.
Added by email2trac
signature-3.asc (496 bytes) - added by bob.hinden@… 3 years ago.
Added by email2trac

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change history (14)

Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Attachment: ietf.tiff added

Added by email2trac

Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Attachment: signature.asc added

Added by email2trac

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by llynch@…

Component: incomingwireless
Owner: changed from llynch@… to jim@…
Status: newassigned
Type: requestdefect

was this delivered on connection?

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by jim@…

Bob,

It's a new issue that seems related to TKIP MIC Failures. We're pulling all TKIP from the APs now, which will force everyone to AES, which is more secure. Russ strongly supported this, so we're pushing forward even though it's mid-day.

  • Jim

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 1:06 PM, IETF Meeting/NOC <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:
> 
> #947: What is this?
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
>      Reporter:  bob.hinden@…  |                Owner:  jim@…
>          Type:  defect        |               Status:  assigned
>      Priority:  tbd           |            Milestone:  ietf-93
>     Component:  wireless      |           Resolution:
>      Keywords:                |  My Current Location:
> My MAC  Address:               |                My OS:
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
> Changes (by llynch@…):
> 
> * owner:  llynch@… => jim@…
> * status:  new => assigned
> * component:  incoming => wireless
> * type:  request => defect
> 
> 
> Comment:
> 
> was this delivered on connection?

Just popped up on my screen.  I am connected to “IETF”.

ietf:
  PHY Mode:	802.11n
  BSSID:	fc:5b:39:32:20:e1
  Channel:	161
  Country Code:	US
  Network Type:	Infrastructure
  Security:	WPA2 Enterprise
  Signal / Noise:	-55 dBm / -92 dBm
  Transmit Rate:	195
  MCS Index:	23

Happening every minutes or so.

Bob



> --
> Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/947#comment:1>
> IETF Meeting/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
> IETF Meeting - NOC pages

signature-1.asc

Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Attachment: signature-1.asc added

Added by email2trac

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by jim@…

Bob,

As I mentioned, this is due to an issue surrounding TKIP on the APs. We're in the process of removing TKIP and forcing everyone to AES (which is more secure), but it's taking a bit longer than hoped. Stay tuned. In the mean time, as much as I hate suggesting it, use ietf-legacy. It should be unaffected.

  • Jim

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Jim,

That’s what I did :-)

Bob

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 1:37 PM, IETF Meeting/NOC <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:
> 
> #947: What is this?
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
>      Reporter:  bob.hinden@…  |                Owner:  jim@…
>          Type:  defect        |               Status:  assigned
>      Priority:  tbd           |            Milestone:  ietf-93
>     Component:  wireless      |           Resolution:
>      Keywords:                |  My Current Location:
> My MAC  Address:               |                My OS:
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
> 
> Comment (by jim@…):
> 
> Bob,
>     As I mentioned, this is due to an issue surrounding TKIP on the APs.
> We're in the process of removing TKIP and forcing everyone to AES (which
> is more secure), but it's taking a bit longer than hoped. Stay tuned. In
> the mean time, as much as I hate suggesting it, use ietf-legacy. It should
> be unaffected.
> 
>     - Jim
> 
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/947#comment:6>
> IETF Meeting/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
> IETF Meeting - NOC pages

signature-2.asc

Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Attachment: signature-2.asc added

Added by email2trac

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by chelliot@…

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

TKIP has been disabled throughout the IETF network. All encryption now uses AES, and the draconian measures that the WPA/TKIP standard require are no longer an issue.

I am closing this ticket. However, if you see this problem again please re-open this ticket.

And, of course, feel free to open another ticket if you have any network issues with the IETF network.

Thanks!
Chris.

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Resolution: fixed
Status: closedreopened
Great!

Thanks,
Bob

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 3:03 PM, IETF Meeting/NOC <tickets@meeting.ietf.org> wrote:
> 
> #947: What is this?
> -------------------------------+-------------------------------
>      Reporter:  bob.hinden@…  |                Owner:  jim@…
>          Type:  defect        |               Status:  closed
>      Priority:  tbd           |            Milestone:  ietf-93
>     Component:  wireless      |           Resolution:  fixed
>      Keywords:                |  My Current Location:
> My MAC  Address:               |                My OS:
> -------------------------------+-------------------------------
> Changes (by chelliot@…):
> 
> * status:  assigned => closed
> * resolution:   => fixed
> 
> 
> Comment:
> 
> TKIP has been disabled throughout the IETF network. All encryption now
> uses AES, and the draconian measures that the WPA/TKIP standard require
> are no longer an issue.
> 
> I am closing this ticket. However, if you see this problem again please
> re-open this ticket.
> 
> And, of course, feel free to open another ticket if you have any network
> issues with the IETF network.
> 
> Thanks!
> Chris.
> 
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/ticket/947#comment:9>
> IETF Meeting/NOC <https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org>
> IETF Meeting - NOC pages

signature-3.asc

Changed 3 years ago by bob.hinden@…

Attachment: signature-3.asc added

Added by email2trac

comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by chelliot@…

Resolution: fixed
Status: reopenedclosed

comment:13 Changed 8 months ago by Rick Alfvin

Milestone: ietf-93ietf-093

Milestone renamed

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.